How have you been? I hope you have found time in these crazy times we are living in to take care of yourself & recharge. The DIY tip in todays post should help! : )
A few weeks ago I made a tutorial on Instagram showing how to make your own Coffee infused oil. I love Coffee infused oil for my face and any dry areas of skin. Coffee beans are high in antioxidants, especially vitamin E, and it smells amazing!
Here are the basic steps to make this for your personal use.
There will be no caffeine in your infusion as it takes water to extract the caffeine, and this is an oil product.
All you will need are:
- Coffee beans (the fresher the better, but any ground coffee will do as well.) Ground for a normal brewer. I've used espresso grind too and it worked fine.
- Oil. Avocado, Jojoba, Sesame, Olive, or Coconut to name a few. I used unrefined Coconut and the infusion smelled SO amazing!
- A Clean glass jar. 4 oz is good size. If you want to make larger sizes, go for it! Just adjust amounts of Coffee grounds and Oil to accommodate.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup coffee grounds to your jar.
- Add enough oil to cover your grounds by 1/4 inch or so.
- Make sure grounds are all immersed in oil. You can stir it, or if you have a well sealed lid, you can give it a shake.
Now for the wait! You can let it sit at room temp for 1-2 weeks. Pick a warm location for the best results.
Alternately, you can speed up the process by sitting your glass jar in a pan with just enough water to surround the oil of your jar. Place a metal lid or piece of cloth under your jar to protect it from scorching. * Only use a warm/LOW temperature, NOT boiling. Let sit for 1-2 hours and let cool.
4. Once your oil is infused you can strain it through a sieve, or cheesecloth.
5. Store your oil in a clean, dry glass jar, or put it into clean dropper bottle if you have one. I like to repurpose as much as possible, so I usually have one I have thoroughly washed and sanitized.
You are done, and have luxurious skin treat to use now! Isn't that fabulously easy?
NOTE: make sure not to introduce water into your oil. This will allow bacteria to grow! (Ewh!) Only use dry containers, and clean dry hands when handling your oil. ;)
If you want more coffee power in your oil, you can add more fresh coffee grounds and double infuse it. Try it out and see what works best for you.
That is the beauty of DIY after all, right?
Enjoy! I would love to hear what you create!
Have a great day and have fun creating your own Jolly Harbor of refreshment!
Here is a link for further research and recipes:
I use triple infused coffee oil in the 'TRIPLE SHOT' Coffee bar soap. It is a real treat!
~ check it out!
~ check it out!